PROJECT WORK & PORTFOLIO
Work on practical projects in teams
SMALL CLASS SIZE
Our UX Courses are a maximum of 15 people
6-8 WEEK COURSE
Live teaching once a week in Evenings
Courses are taught by UX experts in their field
The Conversational Design Course is our newest and most exciting course covering designing for voice. You will gain a holistic understanding of voice user interface best practices and will learn how to code, publish and maintain an voice skill. You will have all the skills needed to incorporate industry-leading conversational design experiences to your products and examples to showcase in your portfolio.
Our next Online Live Conversational UX Design Course will start on the 27th May
What You Will Learn
Mastering Conversation Design
Acquire the skills needed to design industry leading conversations in voice.
Advanced Topics In VUI
Learn best practices for advanced topics in voice, including multi-modal interactions and dealing with privacy and safety.
Deliverables for Certification
Learn how to produce all the deliverables required by Amazon to certify an enterprise level skill including voice user flows, scripts and account linking screens.
Prototyping and Testing Voice Experiences
Create low and high fidelity voice prototypes and learn practical ways for usability testing voice experiences.
Evaluating Use Cases for Voice
Understand the benefits and limitations of voice and ensure you’re utilising it for the tasks that will provide real value to your users.
Development of Alexa Skills
Get a solid understanding of how Alexa skills are set up and coded and be in a position to have informed conversations with technical stakeholders.
Introduction to Voice User Interfaces
– Understanding voice interfaces – How interactions work – Multimodal experiences – Assignment of project briefs
Conversation design best practices
– Conversation fundamentals – Voice personas – Sample dialogues – User flows
Voice-first multimodal interactions & sound
– Multimodal with Adobe XD – Designing visual components – Sound design
Fleshing out your use case
– Context & Use cases – Getting early customer feedback – Voice User Research – Customer Journey Mapping
Prototyping and testing
– Using Voice Flow, Dialogue Flow – Facilitation techniques – Prototyping – Interaction design patterns
Publishing & monitoring your skill
– Getting your skill certified – Discoverability – Monetisation – Preparing your case study
Introduction to Voice Interfaces
– History of voice interfaces – Appropriate use cases – Design process
Design your first Voice Skill, Part 1
– Conversation fundamentals – Voice interactions – Usability constraints of voice
Design your first Alexa Skill, Part 2
– Identifying intents and utterances – User flows for voice – Multi-modal interactions – Account Linking
Usability Testing for Voice Interactions
– Test structure & facilitation techniques – Identifying appropriate testing methods, including Wizard of OZ – Intro to usability testing
Building your Alexa Skill
– Understanding Amazon Alexa Developer Platform – Setting up a working skill – Configure, develop, test skill
Making it Live
– Learning to code advanced skills – Certification process – Understanding and extracting meaning from analytics
What our students say about us
It’s a great course for anyone who would like to get into the emerging technological field of Voice Design. Two tutors, Stratis and Goncalo, have significant experience in Voice Design working for reputable companies. They are friendly and massively helpful in guiding us through design challenges and give helpful suggestions to set our projects in the right direction. The content that’s been prepared and presented in the course is a really good start for newcomers to get your head around Voice design. I wouldn’t say this is an extensive course for Voice Design, but it’s a good initial foray into learning this technology.
The VUI course was exceptional. In two days it covered everything we’d hoped to learn from high-level theory to a detailed understanding of human linguistics and building our own voice skills. The instructors were obviously very knowledgeable of the voice space and really hands on. Would highly recommend the course.
I’m so glad I did this Designing for Voice Course. All the tutors were massively helpful and were really great teachers. I’ve gained a new skill set which I’ve already found ways to apply to my current job that I hope I continue to explore in the future.
Reason to choose our university for your future
Image credit: PxHere It’s surprisingly common for sellers (even modern online sellers) to start thinking of purchases as simple...