Voice Design Course Software
You will work in project teams to add to your portfolio.
Class sizes are a maximum of 12 people.
Face-to-Face Teaching, 6pm-8.30pm.
Taught by experts in the industry from UX, Research & Development.
The Designing for Voice (Alexa) course is our newest and most exciting course to date. You will gain a holistic understanding of voice user interface best practices and will learn how to code, publish and maintain an Alexa skill. You will have all the skills needed to incorporate industry leading conversational design experiences to your products and examples to showcase in your portfolio.
Acquire the skills needed to design industry leading conversations in voice – a course built with support from Amazon.
Learn best practices for advanced topics in voice, including multi-modal interactions and dealing with privacy and safety.
Learn how to produce all the deliverables required by Amazon to certify an enterprise level skill including voice user flows, scripts and account linking screens.
Create low and high fidelity voice prototypes and learn practical ways for usability testing voice experiences.
Understand the benefits and limitations of voice and ensure you’re utilising it for the tasks that will provide real value to your users.
Get a solid understanding of how Alexa skills are set up and coded and be in a position to have informed conversations with technical stakeholders.
– History of voice interfaces – How interactions on Amazon Alexa works – Multimodal interactions
– Customer Journey Mapping – Conversation fundamentals – Interaction design patterns – Voice personas – Sample dialogs
– Multimodal – Sound design
– Context & use cases – Getting early customer feedback
– Testing structure and facilitation techniques – Prototyping – User flows
– Certification – Analytics – Recap Quiz – Support in presentation
– History of voice interfaces – Appropriate use cases – Design process
– Conversation fundamentals – Voice interactions with Amazon Alexa – Usability constraints of voice
– Identifying intents and utterances – User flows for voice – Multi-modal interactions – Account Linking
– Test structure & facilitation techniques – Identifying appropriate testing methods, including Wizard of OZ – Intro to usability testing
– Understanding Amazon Alexa Developer Platform – Setting up a working skill – Configure, develop, test skill
– Learning to code advanced skills – Certification process – Understanding and extracting meaning from analytics
What our students say about us
It’s a great course for anyone who would like to get into this emerging technology – Voice Design. The tutors Stratis and Goncalo, are having real time experience in Voice Design working for reputed companies. They are friendly and massively helpful guiding us through the challenges and suggesting us to see the objective of the project in the right direction. The content that’s been prepared and presented in the course is a really good start to get our heads around the Voice design. I wouldn’t say this is an extensive course for the Voice Design but it’s a good start into that technology.
The VUI course was exceptional. In two days it covered off everything we’d hoped to learn from high level theory through to a detailed understanding of human linguistics and building our own voice skills. The instructors were obviously very knowledgeable of the voice space and really hands on. Would highly recommend the course.
I’m so glad I did this Designing for Voice Course, all the tutors were massively helpful and were really great teachers. I’ve gained a new skill set which I’ve already found ways to apply to my current job, and one I hope I will continue to explore in the future.
Reason to choose our university for your future
For MUXL last meet-up in May, they took a slightly different approach inviting 6 speakers to give advice...